Landmark Medical Center provides 24-hour Emergency Services at the Woonsocket Unit, 115 Cass Avenue, Woonsocket. Proudly affiliated with Harvard Medical Faculty Physicians at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, a qualified physician or nurse practitioner is always available to treat your medical problem.
Landmark's Emergency Department now proudly features "Forerun," a new workflow management system dedicated to one mission: to accelerate safe care delivery in the ER.
Founded by emergency physicians, Forerun ED makes information technology work for the clinician, delivering essential information, when and in the form it is needed, to effectively treat the patient, while dynamically building a complete, end-to-end electronic record of the patient visit.
The Woonsocket Unit is staffed and equipped to handle the most severe emergencies. An emergency is defined as any problem or condition requiring immediate medical treatment, including a heart attack, poisoning, burns, severe or sudden pain, significant changes in breathing, emotional distress, or injuries suffered in an automobile accident or from a violent act or fall.
In order to aid us in giving you with the best possible care, we ask that you consider the following:
- Upon entering the Emergency Room, you or a family member should be able to provide a list of your current allergies and medications (with dosages).
- We require written permission from a parent for treatment of children under your care. We can provide you with permission slips to take home.
- You may wish to call your physician before seeking emergency or urgent care. Many insurance plans place restrictions on what is considered a valid reason to seek immediate treatment. If it is potentially dangerous to take the time to call your physician, come to the Emergency Department immediately. Please use "911" appropriately and only in cases where you feel you are at a health risk.
- Please respect "No Smoking" and "Visitor" policies. To ensure the privacy of our patients and allow adequate space for treatment, visitors are limited in the treatment areas. However, parents may remain with a child. We do understand your concern for the health and well-being of your family member or friend, but confidentiality laws do not allow us to discuss certain aspects of a patient's care.
- Either you or a family member will be asked to provide information to expedite care, even if you have been treated at Landmark before.
- We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding while waiting for treatment. Please realize that we must treat patients with more severe conditions first and that patients transported to the Emergency Room Department at the Woonsocket Unit by rescue or ambulance arrive through a separate entrance. Thus, you may not be aware of their arrival.
To reach the Emergency Department at the Woonsocket Unit, please call (401) 769-4100, Ext. 2180.