At Landmark, our Occupational Health program provides a total approach to prevention and treatment of injury and to help employees return to work as soon as possible. Our goals are to help your business, increase worker productivity, reduce expenses, and decrease healthcare costs.
Occupational Health Located at:
Landmark Medical Center's Fogarty Unit,
116 Eddie Dowling Highway,
North Smithfield, Rhode Island
Hours of Operation: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday
(Appointments may be made before and after normal hours when requested.) Your injured workers may be evaluated seamlessly after hours seven days a week in the Emergency Department at the Woonsocket Unit of the Landmark Medical Center.
Case management of each employee provides special attention to their specific injury, as it relates to their work environment.
Occupational Health Services we provide include:
- Management of the Injured Worker
- Acute Injury and Follow-Up Care
- Medical Examinations:
- Post-Offer (to identify suitable employees for your workplace)
- Medical Surveillance (for lead, asbestos, etc.)
- Periodic Medical Examinations
- Fitness for Duty Examinations
- Second-Opinion Examinations
- Annual and Exit Physicals
- Department of Transportation Physicals
- Back-to-Work PhysicL
- Audiometric Testing (OSHA Certified)
- Pulmonary Function Testing (NIOSH Certified)
- Immunizations and Phlebotomy Services
- Workplace Site Visits
- On-Site Screening Programs
- NIDA and Urine Drug Screens
- Breath Alcohol Testing
- Respirator Fit Testing
(All services available on-site when requested.)
In association with Rehabilitation Hospital of Rhode Island (RHRI), Landmark Occupational Health provides a rehabilitation program dedicated to returning the injured employee to the workplace. Our interdisciplinary team approach includes the worker, physician, case manager, physical therapist, occupational therapist, employer, and family members.
The Worker's Rehabilitation Program offers:
- Physical and/or Occupational Therapy services for the acutely injured employee, focusing on strength, flexibility, mobility, coordination, and work-related functions.
- Individualized Work Conditioning and/or Work Hardening services consisting of physical rehabilitation, work simulation, and body-mechanics education, in order to maximize functional capabilities and prepare the worker to resume specific job tasks.
- Aquatic Therapy focuses on improving flexibility, strength, endurance, cardiovascular condition, and functional mobility. Aquatic Therapy is often done in conjunction with a land-based program.
- Ergonomic and Job Analysis services to prevent future injuries and return the employee to his/her former workplace. RHRI therapists will assess the physical relationship of the equipment to the employee, identify risk factors, and recommend possible solutions or modifications.
- Comprehensive Assessment of functional work-related capabilities to use as a baseline for treatment or to determine return-to-work guidelines. The results of a Work Capacity Evaluation can predict an employee's ability to safely perform job-specific activities.
Additional services include:
- Pre-placement Back Screenings
- Psychological Evaluation & Counseling
- Vocational Counseling
- Hand Safety Education
- Back Safety Education
Established in 1983, Landmark Occupational Health continues to meet the needs of more than 150 businesses in northern Rhode Island and southeastern Massachusetts. Our professional staff will support your business through the challenging requirements of OSHA standards and the Worker's Compensation system. As your business partner, we can help keep your workforce and your company in good health.
For more information about any of the services of Landmark Occupational Health, call (401) 769-2200, Ext. 5400 or 5336.