At Landmark Medical Center, with Dr. Abdul R. Barakat at the helm, we recognize that each person is an individual, and, therefore, every treatment plan must be personalized accordingly. We understand the complexity of pain, and will guide each patient through the treatment plan that is most appropriate for him or her. We also take pride in educating our patients and their families on the current treatment modalities available, as well as the treatment they will be receiving.
Treated Pain Disorders
- Neck, Back, & Knee Pain
- Pelvic Pain
- Migraine/Headache Pain
- Herniated Discs
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Myofascial Pain Syndrome
- Facet Arthropathy
- Spinal Stenosis
- Cancer Related Pain
- Work & Auto Accident Injuries
- And More...
Dr. Abdul R. Barakat, MD
Dr. Barakat is known for achieving dramatic improvement in pain without having to resort to major surgery. His patients acknowledge him to be an excellent physician with a compassionate bed-side manner. He has been practicing medicine since receiving his M.D. from Aleppo University School of Medicine in 1991.
Dr. Barakat is also:
- Chief of Anesthesia at Landmark Medical Center in Woonsocket, RI.
- Director of Critical Care at Landmark Medical Center.
- Director of Pain Management for Ocean State Pain Management, PC.
His Certifications and Training Include:
- Diplomate in Anesthesiology Board Certified
- Pain Management ABA Board Certified
- Critical Care ABA Board Certified
- Certified in Vertebroplasty Kyphoplasty
- Certified in Percutaneous Discectomy
- Certified in Spinal Cord Stimulation Implantation
- Research Fellowship at Harvard Medical School, Mass General Hospital, Boston, MA
- Surgical Residency, St. Elizabeth Medical Center, Tufts University, Boston
- Anesthesia Residency, St. Elizabeth Medical Center, Tufts University, Boston
- Pain Management Fellowship, New England Medical Center, Tufts University, Boston
- Critical Care Fellowship, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston