The precision of technology meets the science of medicine.
Introducing the da Vinci® Xi – a Landmark of Surgical Excellence
Right now, patients at Landmark Medical Center are discovering a new era
in minimally invasive surgery, thanks to the most advanced robot in the
state. The da Vinci Xi is a marvel of scientiﬁc excellence that translates
to an incredible range of beneﬁts – for the patient, the surgeon
and the hospital. And Landmark was ﬁrst in the state to acquire one.
Surgeons can now perform even the most complex operations with delicacy,
accuracy and unparalleled control.
At the heart of the da Vinci Xi is a 3D high-deﬁnition vision system that
magniﬁes 10 times, supported by tiny wristed instruments that have a greater
range of motion than even the most skilled non-robot. The da Vinci translates
the surgeon’s hand movements into smaller movements in real time
– movements so precise, they can write a word on a grain of rice.
The surgeon is always in total control, with enhanced access due to the
streamlined design of the robotic arms.
These types of surgeries are perfectly suited for the da Vinci Xi
Our Top-Notch Surgeons and the State’s Most Advanced Surgical Robot.
What it means to surgeons
- Surgeons operate more comfortably from a console, with total control of
miniaturized instruments on robotic arms.
- The view is through a highly advanced high-deﬁnition camera that allows
the surgeon to see in 3D, with unparalleled focus and clarity.
- The surgeon’s hand, wrist and ﬁnger movements are carried out by
the precision instruments on the robot’s arm, with the identical
range of motion.
- At the patient’s side, the surgical team is able to oversee every
precise movement, and offer total support.
What it means to patients
- Smaller incisions mean less chance of infection and minimal scarring
- Faster recovery means shorter hospital stays
- Reduced pain and discomfort means fewer pain medication prescriptions
- Less blood loss means fewer transfusions
Meeting Surgical Challenges Head On
- During conventional surgical procedures, the surgeon must take his eyes
away from the instruments and refer to a video monitor. In this moment,
the precision required could be compromised.
- After hours of concentrated “traditional” surgery, even the
best surgeons can experience muscle fatigue, shakiness and cramping. The
da Vinci greatly impacts this challenge.
- When a surgery such as a prostatectomy is performed the traditional way,
the incision is 8-10 inches long. When it’s done with the da Vinci
Xi, only ﬁve or six small incisions – about the width of a dime
– are required.
“What could be more precise than performing minimally invasive surgery
with the help of a robot? It gives me enhanced imaging, 3D magniﬁcation
and a greater range of movement, with so much more control. If I were
a patient, I wouldn’t have my surgery done any other way.”
– Dr. Joseph Cambio, Chief of Surgery
Landmark Medical Center’s renewal is showing up in so many ways.
We are now powered by Prime Healthcare, one of the country’s top
15 health systems.* Their commitment of more than $62M has empowered us
to invest in the very newest technology – and the incredible, best-in-class
technology like the da Vinci Xi.
For more information, please call (401) 769-4100.